Waterfront Shipping strives to achieve the highest standards for health, safety and environmental protection.
Responsible Care® is a voluntary commitment by numerous companies worldwide to operate in a responsible way towards people safety and environmental protection. At Waterfront Shipping, we fully adopt and incorporate this Responsible Care ethos in the operation of our fleet, and in our management practices.
In line with this commitment, we develop and continually improve Responsible Care programs and standards to raise the safety and environmental performance of all ships in our fleet. Some of these programs and activities include:
- Annual Safety Inspections to all ships, performance analysis and reports.
- Semi-annual Methanol and Nitrogen Safety Handling Training to all crews.
- Annual Chemical Distribution Institute (CDI) marine inspections to vessels.
- Best practice innovating and sharing via Methanol Group by-yearly seminars.
- Continuous vessel screening to ensure ships we plan to employ meet our safety and all regulatory requirements.
- Regular office audits to gain insight into our partners’ philosophies and policies and ensure a commitment to our strong safety culture exists in their office and onboard their ships.
To read more, please see Methanex’s 2022 Sustainability Report (pgs. 65-66).